Watch this space for 2017 programme!
Here are a few highlights from Burren Slow Food Festival 2016
Theme: Surf & Turf; Lamb, Oysters and Wild Salmon
Friday to Sunday 27 to 29 May 2016
All the talks and events on the weekend will focus on the delicious edibles that the sea and the land around us produce for us to enjoy.
The weekend started off with an amazing event:
a Burren Champagne Picnic under the Cliffs of Moher!
Other highlights included:
- Oysters of different provenances, paired with wine and stout
Whiskey & Chocolate
Wild Salmon & Champagne
- The traditional Burren Slow Food Banquet
- Bushcraft and Cooking for Kids
- Farmers’ Market
Some of the presenters were
- Dr. Brendan Dunford from Burrenbeo
- Catherine Cleary from the Irish Times
- JP McMahon from Aniar, Galway
- Oonagh O’Dwyer from Wild Kitchen
- Leslie Williams guiding us through several tastings
- Burren Food Trail members Deborah Evers, Piotr Matijczak and Frank Benson
The Burren Slow Food Festival location:
The Pavilion, Lisdoonvarna, Co. Clare